Sustainability Appraisal involves identifying and evaluating the impacts of the Plan on the economy, the community and the environment. It also suggests ways of avoiding or reducing any adverse impacts arising from the Plan, as well as ways of maximising its positive impacts. The overall aim of the appraisal process is to help ensure that the South East Lincolnshire Local Plan makes an effective contribution to the pursuit of ‘sustainable development’.
On this page, you can see a consolidated Sustainability Appraisal, which assesses the likely economic, social and environmental effects of the Plan’s provisions overall, and a specific Assessment of the potential effects arising from the Further Main Modifications.
N.B. The key to explain the colour-coding of Assessments can be seen in Table 7 on page 54 of the Main Report.
- Updated Sustainability Appraisal – Main Report
- Updated Sustainability Appraisal – Non-Technical Summary
- Appendix 1: Review of relevant policies, plans and programmes
- Appendix 2: Baseline information
- Appendix 3: Appraisal of policy options
- Appendix 4: Appraisal of policies in the publication version Local Plan (March 2017)
- Appendix 5: Sustainable urban extensions – preferred allocations
- Appendix 6: Non-strategic housing allocations
- Appendix 7: Appraisal of Q1 and Q2 in combination
- Appendix 8: Reasonable alternatives for non-strategic housing sites
- Appendix 9: Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople allocations, and reasonable alternatives
- Appendix 10: Employment allocations – main employment areas, local employment areas, and reasonable alternatives
- Appendix 11: Retail allocations, and reasonable alternatives
- Appendix 12: Reasons for selecting and rejecting housing sites
- Appendix 13: Reasons for selecting and rejecting employment sites
- Appendix 14: Reasons for selecting and rejecting retail sites
- Appendix 15: Reasons for selecting and rejecting Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople sites
- Appendix 16 Site selection methodology in relation to heritage assets
- Sustainability Appraisal of Main and Further Main Modifications (December 2018)
- Appendix A: SA methodology information
- Appendix B: Main modifications and initial assessment of potential significant effects
- Appendix C: Further main modifications and initial assessment of potential significant effects
- Appendix D: Potentially significant modifications appraisal update – policies
- Appendix E: Potentially significant modifications appraisal update – new allocations and reserve sites
- Appendix F: Assessment of monitoring indicators
You can see the Sustainability Reports which accompanied the Local Plan through all its previous stages by clicking here.